Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Organization nation!

Whenever I come home from trips my room always looks like a bomb went off. It's hard to sort out the nick-nacks you bring back with you into your everyday life. Which is why I've become obsessed with watching organization videos on YouTube. I did my t-shirt drawer the other day and this is the method I used to organize it.


My closet is weirdly shaped which makes keeping it organized difficult. It's normal closet length (door doors across) but only 4 feet high with a sloping ceiling. I struggle on a daily basis to keep my clothes under control. One way I do this is I keep an outbox in there at all times. This is for items I might get rid of soon but am unsure if I want to let go of them just yet. They live in the outbox for as long as needed and if I reach for them, great! they can stay. But if not then they get donated. This is a great way to get rid of items if you're sentimental about things.

Another way I'm working towards a more organized life is by challenging myself to tidy for up to 30 minutes a day. I pick one area a day (my floor, desk, a chair, tshirt drawer) and I have to organize that area. I don't have to spend more than 30 minutes doing it and if I get done early great! By breaking tasks into manageable sections I'm not overwhelming myself. Soon enough I'll have my room back into shape.  

No comments:

Post a Comment