Thursday, December 13, 2012

Holly Jolly Holiday Tag!

image from wehearit
I was tagged by Christine over at Starry Eyed Beauty so I thought I'd do this festive themed tag!

 1. Do you start your Christmas shopping on Black Friday or wait until the last minute?
I only have 2 or 3 people in which I put a lot of effort into their gifts, so I get it done pretty early. Friends who I exchange gifts with tend to get the same type of gift, this year it was a small candle and a nail polish I thought they would like (already handed out these gifts this year so I'm not ruining it for anyone!)

2. If you could be in any Christmas movie what would it be?
Elf because it's hilarious.

3. Which do you like better: Christmas Eve or Christmas Day?
Christmas Day because presents and food <3

4. When does your family put up your Christmas tree and who decorates it?
Whenever my mom gets to it? We used to make a big deal about it but as we all got older it became less important

5. White lights or colored lights?
White lights, I just think they're classier.

6. Are you guilty of peeking at your presents or do you like the surprise?
Because apparently I'm impossible to buy for (I disagree) my mom takes us shopping and we pick out items within our budget. I tend to pick out clothing items because I'm always sick of my clothes by this time of year but don't have money to add new items.

7. Would you rather live in a gingerbread house or in Santa's Workshop?
Santa's Workshop so I could play with toys all day!

8. Tell us your Christmas Eve traditions!
A lighter dinner, normally seafood with my mom, sister, brother in law, and nephew. We just kind of chill out and eat food.

9. If you could be under the mistletoe with anyone who would it be?
There's no one specific on my crush list right now, so I'm not sure. Umm I guess if forced Prince Harry :D 

10. What tops your tree?
A star

11. Can you name the 12 days of Christmas?
nope haha

12. Have you ever gone Christmas caroling?
I am not good a singing so nope!

13. Do you countdown to Christmas? If so, how many days are left?
not really, I mean I'm aware of it but in a general kind of way.

14. What are some foods and treats you can count on having every holiday season?
My great-grandmothers recipe for shortbread, which is a family secret and is true traditional Scottish shortbread <3 Also Potato Casserole (which comes out every holiday, its basically mashed potatoes with sour cream, cream cheese, and then baked in a casserole dish) which I fight with my brother in law (and now my nephew too!) over the leftovers.

15. How has Christmas kept its magic for you as you've grown older?
I was never huge into Christmas (more into presents when younger) but it's getting easier as time passes. I used to really hate it but now all I hate is the super overdone commercial aspect of it. Although I do LOVE the holiday makeup collections that have come out every year so I like that part.

No comments:

Post a Comment