Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Stila French Rivera Trio - Swatches + Review!




I've had this trio for a few months now and I love it. It's such a simple easy look to put together. This will definitely be my go to for weekends away as I don't even need eyeliner with this palette.The price is amazing as well, 3 full sized Stila eyeshadows for less than a single eyeshadow ($18 for the trio).

From left to right you have kitten, grace and mahogany. Kitten is amazing, but be very careful when applying as Stila shadows are super powdery and you tend to get a lot on your brush with a single swipe. Grace is a beautiful taupe colour that I just love. Mahogany is a matte brown colour, very rich but a little tricky to work with because of they way Stila shadows are formulated. Make sure to tap your brush of when using this shade!





The palette they come with is very sturdy plastic with a good sized mirror. I like that it has little pin holes in the back so you can pop the shadows out easily (unlike MAC palettes which are a pain to get shadows out of).

Grace is the least pigmented of the three, which actually makes it easier to work with. The other two tend to get a bit messy if your not careful. There is some fallout with Mahogany but it cleans up easier than some of my Urban Decay shadows.






Overall this is a great trio and I highly recommend it. It's sold out at Sephora but I've seen it on Amazon and other websites.





2 comments:

  1. stila is one of those great brands i really need to try! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thisis a really great way to try it, as it's so cheap!

      Delete