Thursday, August 30, 2012

Review & Swatches: Julep Maven's Dakota

Dakota was one of the two polishes in the August American Beauty box which I switched to from my usual Boho Glam box (which I never actually like to receive, I always switch...) Dakota is described as a "Rose Gold Metallic Chrome" on the Julep website. I've been loving rose gold lately so I thought this would be perfect for fall.





I really had high hopes for this one, and honestly was a little disappointed with the colour payoff. This was definitely more copper than rose gold in my opinion and I really didn't like it on my nails. It just looked blah next to my pale skin tone and it really showed off the flaws in my nails.


Overall Rating: 3/5 I didn't dislike this as much as Felicity but I still prefer Sienna and tomorrows polish, Stefani to any of the others I received this month.

I really like the idea of Julep, and I love love love that you can preview/switch your boxes to colours you like and if there are none that you want you can just skip a month. I think in terms of value Julep delivers every month, while other beauty subscriptions leave me feeling let down some months.


No comments:

Post a Comment