Thursday, July 12, 2012

June Glossybox Review


So I got a May Glossybox but didn't post about it because I didn't get it until after I got back from Italy. Here's a rundown of June's box with all the products and some thoughts on them.

Bioré - 4-in-1 Revitalizing Cleanser (200ml/full size) (retails for $9.99)
 Tried this once and hate it, it burns my sensitive skin. Will be getting rid of this ASAP. Does anyone know if you can donate products to goodwill? I don't want to chuck it in the bin if someone else can use it.

Neutrogena ultra sheer sunscreen SPF 55 (14 ml) (full size retails for $15.99/88ml)
Have had a couple of samples of this already, and it's alright. I'm not jumping up and down or anything for this product but it is a good high SPF sunscreen.

Wella Ocean Spritz Beach Texture Hairspray (150ml/full size) (retails for $16.99)
I was really excited to try this because I've been eying the Bumble and Bumble Ocean Spray for a while but couldn't quite justify the price. I've tried using it as directed and on my super straight hair it doesn't work. It works great when I braid my hair at night and let it dry, giving it a more textured look than normal. I've also tried applying it to my hair wet and using my diffuser to dry my hair with really pretty results. This is the only product in the box that I was really happy with because it worked and I didn't already own it.

Olay Regenerist Wrinkle Revolution Complex (7 ml) (full size retails for $30.99/50ml)
Gave this to my mom, as at 26 I don't really need to worry about wrinkles yet...

CoverGirl Flip Stick in Minx (3.8g/full size) (retails for $12.50)
 Cool concept, rubbish colour for me. Makes me look like I'm trying to be a bit gothic. Would love to try this in a pink or coral tone. 

Gillette Venus Razor (full size/retails for $13.50)
 I use a Venus razor regularly, so I'll just throw this extra body into my overnight bag so I don't have to worry about packing one for weekend trips. 

Biore Deep Cleansing Pore Strip (1 strip) (full size 8 pack retails for $9.99)
I've used these in the past and my pores are never super clogged so this is a meh product for me. I'll use it at some point I'm sure, but for now it's staying in my box of samples. 

Honestly I'm a little disappointed in this months box. I'm going to keep my subscription for another month or two and then decide if my money is better spent elsewhere. I've signed up for Topbox and Glymm box as well as Julep Maven for the month of August so expect reviews on those as they arrive! I'm really excited for Julep Maven as I love nail polish.

6 comments:

  1. there are so many beauty boxes now i'm a little overwhelmed. but yeah, i'd be disappointed too if i got this box :s

    btw..out of curiosity, is your blog named after 1901 by Phoenix? 'cause i love that song.

    anansays.blogspot.com
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. We no longer have Glossybox (but still have a couple of beauty box sample brands). I really want to try out the Covergirl Flip Stick, but they haven't made their way to Australia yet :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. if you ever want to do a swap I could send some your way :)

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We don't have a single box in Croatia. This doesn't look so interesting but better this than nothing. :(((

    ReplyDelete